Saturday, July 9, 2011

Big Entertainment Center

Here is a really cool entertainment center I built for a couple who live in Tommy Williams' Longleaf subdivision.
 We had the homeowners come by the house during the framing stage and literally throw ideas at the wall.  I showed them some pictures of things I'd built before, and then we started drawing ideas on the wall with a black marker!  After coming up with the basic design they wanted, we started getting specific on cabinet heights, TV widths, space for the components, etc.  The valance on top was added to the project when I drew them up a final sketch - I felt the space between the bookcases needed something to fill them in and connect the two sides. 

I loved the idea of having a separate open area for their cable and DVD components.  It helps let the air circulate keeping the components cool, and it doesn't use up shelf or cabinet space.  They were able to fill the cabinets below with all of their DVD's.  As with just about everything I build, all of the shelves are adjustable.


 This small cabinet shelf unit is on another wall of their living room.  I thought it was a cute way to fill in the space between the double french doors.  It made a great place to display things as well as giving them extra storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment